Egg freezing provides a way for women to preserve their fertility until they are ready to start a family. The period of time when a woman’s eggs are best suited for fertilization runs from the teenage years until age 35. After age 35, the quantity and quality of a woman’s eggs decreases significantly. This trend continues until a woman reaches menopause. By banking eggs when they are at their highest quality, a woman extends the window of her fertility.
To maximize the egg banking process it is important to choose a fertility center than has had extensive success with egg harvesting and storage. New Hope Fertility Center consistently receives high reviews from patients and the fertility care industry at large. Conveniently located in NYC, New Hope has a success rate for eggs surviving the freezing and thawing process that far exceeds that of vitrification is a cutting edge technological advancement that allows eggs to be flash frozen.
Traditional freezing methods allow the formation of ice crystals which are detrimental to eggs. Vitrification uses a number of steps that prevent ice crystal formation:traditional methods.
- Eggs are harvested and evaluated for quality.
- Water is removed from the high quality eggs and a cryoprotectant is added. D
- ue to the absence of water, it is nearly impossible for ice crystals to form. The process of removing water and adding the cryoprotectant does not harm the eggs.
- The eggs are flash frozen, with their temperatures being instantaneously reduced from 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit to the storage temperature of -320 degrees Fahrenheit. The quick speed of the freezing process further reduces the chance for ice crystal formation.
- The eggs are stored until the woman is ready to start a family.
By using vitrification, New Hope has a success rate for survival of the freezing and thawing process of 98%. This result is remarkable when compared to that of traditional methods, which have a survival rate of only 55%.
To get additional information on egg freezing and fertility preservation, contact New Hope today. Please click the link below to enter your information and New Hope will contact you, or simply call 212-517-7676. Thank You.