Follicle Stimulating Hormone, FSH, is one of the key indicators when evaluating a woman’s fertility. Produced by a woman’s pituitary gland, FSH is one of the key hormones in triggering a woman’s body to produce eggs. Follicle Stimulating Hormone levels that are above or below the normal range can be a key indicator of issues with fertility.
When a woman’s FSH level is above normal, it is typically a sign of the following issues:
- A woman has entered menopause
- An indication that a woman may have PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) or ovarian cysts
- Bleeding from the vagina that is either abnormal or due to a woman’s monthly menses
- An indication that a woman may have difficulty becoming pregnant, resulting in a diagnosis of infertility
Many fertility centers view high FSH levels as an indicator that a woman may not be a good candidate for fertility treatment. However, this is not the case. As long as a woman is ovulating, even with high FSH levels, there is a possibility of becoming pregnant. In the case of these women, a different approach must be taken to ensure they receive the exact level of support they need to become pregnant.
NYC’s premier provider of fertility medicine, New Hope Fertility Center, does not refuse patients due to their FSH levels. Through the use of customized treatment protocols, state-of-the art treatment methods and a holistic approach to fertility care allows them to be successful with women who have an elevated FSH level. When a woman has an elevated FSH level, fertility medication may be less effective. Because of this, New Hope’s holistic approaches to IVF treatment are ideal:
- Natural IVF – A completely holistic method of treating infertility, no fertility medication is administered during a natural IVF cycle. A woman’s body is closely monitored so that the egg she produces naturally during the month can be harvested and fertilized.
- Minimal Stimulation IVF – Minimal stimulation aims to produce three to five high quality eggs. The focus on quality versus quantity significantly reduces the amount of fertility medication needed. This results in healthier eggs and a more comfortable experience.
Contact New Hope today for additional information on their treatment of high Follicle Stimulating Hormone levels. Please click the link below to enter your information and New Hope will contact you, or simply call 212-517-7676. Thank You.