In increasing numbers, people are looking at more holistic ways of receiving medical care. This desire often extends to fertility treatment. In the past, fertility medication was a necessary part of assisted reproduction. However, natural IVF treatment options provide a holistic alternative to traditional IVF. Despite using little or no medication, these natural IVF treatment options have success rates that rival that of traditional IVF care.
Natural Cycle IVF
Natural cycle IVF is just that, a completely natural approach to IVF care. There are no fertility medications used during this protocol. The focus here is on harvesting, fertilizing, and then implanting the single egg that the mother produces on her own. There are a number of advantages of this protocol:
- No side effects from fertility medication
- Naturally produced eggs are healthiest and best suited for pregnancy
- A more comfortable experience
- Women who are unable to produce multiple eggs, even with fertility medication, are well suited for this protocol
Minimal Stimulation (Mini) IVF
Minimal stimulation IVF is a more holistic approach to IVF. While low doses of fertility medication are still used, they are specifically tailored to give a woman only what she needs to produce a small number of eggs. Advantages of the minimal stimulation protocol include:
- Fewer side effects due to reduced amounts of fertility medication
- A focus on the quality rather than the quantity of eggs received
- Healthier eggs with less likelihood of retrieving eggs that are not viable
- The ability to provide hormonal support to women who are not ovulating regularly
- The ability to store surplus embryos for use during a future cycle
For both natural IVF protocols, the success rates rival that of traditional IVF. Both treatment options provide a way for women who may not be suited for traditional IVF care with a treatment option. Receive additional information on natural IVF treatment options from the fertility experts at New Hope Fertility Center. Please click the link below to enter your information and New Hope will contact you, or simply call 212-517-7676. Thank you.