Knowing when the best time is to start a family can be difficult. Many women have goals and objectives they’d like to achieve before getting pregnant. However, achieving their goals can seem to come at the expense of being able to have children. Biologically, women are at their peak fertility before age 35. After 35, a woman’s natural fertility begins to decline, making getting pregnant more difficult.
Because of this, many women find themselves wondering when the best time to get pregnant is. The truth is, there is no one size fits all answer. Every woman is different, with different hopes and dreams and different objectives. For some women, the right time to get pregnant is at 23. For others, their ideal time to get pregnant is at age 38. Each woman has to evaluate their lives and determine for themselves what their ideal age is.
Things to consider before getting pregnant include:
- Are you ready for the sacrifice and selflessness that is required of being a parent?
- Are you financially ready for the responsibilities of being a parent?
- Have you reached where you want to be professionally before starting a family?
- Have you found the person that you want to build a family with?
- Are there things you would like to do before starting a family?
- Have you had a physical to verify your health before trying to get pregnant?
Choosing to wait to have children does not mean you have to sacrifice the idea of getting pregnant. Fertility preservation is an ideal way to combat nature’s biological clock. Egg freezing is an ideal way of preserving fertility so that a woman has healthy eggs when she is ready to start a family. Banking eggs as early as possible is the best way to preserve fertility.
Find out more about fertility preservation by speaking with a fertility expert today. The staff at New Hope Fertility Center specializes in providing fertility care that is tailored to the unique needs of each patient. Please click the link below to enter your information and New Hope will contact you, or simply call 212-517-7676. Thank You.