In growing numbers women are choosing to delay starting a family until later in life.
Fertility preservation by egg freezing is the perfect way to ensure that women have viable eggs available once they are ready to start a family. Often, the egg freezing procedure is not covered by insurance. Understanding the average cost for woman to freeze eggs can help you decide if egg freezing is right for you.
Average Cost for a Woman To Freeze Eggs
NYC’s leading provider of fertility care including fertility preservation is New Hope Fertility Center. New Hope’s cost for one egg freezing cycle is $6,400. This fee includes:
- A follicle count
- Instruction about the egg freezing process by a fertility expert
- Monitoring throughout the cycle using blood work and ultrasounds
- Egg retrieval during an outpatient procedure done under local anesthetic
- Freezing of the eggs using the state of the art method of vitrification
- Storage of the eggs for six months
- A review of the cycle by an expert doctor or nurse
It is important to note that the above costs do not include fertility medication. Fertility medication is prescribed based on a woman’s specific needs and can range from $0 to $1,500 during each egg freezing cycle.
Additional Potential Costs
Additional costs may occur during and after the egg freezing cycle. Some examples include:
- Extended Storage – Once the initial six month period is passed, the fee to store eggs is $1,200 per year.
- Fertilization – Once a woman is ready to use her frozen eggs, the eggs must be fertilized using your partner’s or donor sperm. The cost to fertilize frozen eggs is $3,600.
- Embryo Transfer – Once fertilized, the egg must be transferred into the mother for implantation and pregnancy. The cost to transfer embryos is $2,400.
It is important to note that a woman’s specific out of pocket costs will vary based on her medical needs and insurance coverage.
For additional information on the average cost for woman to freeze eggs and your specific out of pocket costs, contact New Hope Fertility Center today. Please click the link below to enter your information and New Hope will contact you, or simply call 212-517-7676. Thank You.