A Note From Dr. Zhang to Women Interested in Egg Freezing:
Dr. Zhang finds that usually when a woman comes for an egg freezing treatment, they need to prepare for a prolonged consultation time because they have most likely not gone through any fertility treatments prior, and need to have a clear understanding of the reproductive system. After the initial consultation, Dr. Zhang recommends not to start the egg freezing process right away unless you have a very low ovarian reserve. He recommends spending the next two weeks going through orientations with our nurse staff to make sure all the questions are addressed properly such as:
- How many eggs I need to produce my first baby?
- If I am 39 years old, and I use these eggs to get pregnant, is there a change of miscarriage?
- Is this medicine safe? Does it cause ovarian cancer in the future?
- Why is my AMH 0.5 and my entry follicle count only 3?
- Why are you opposed to me taking injections?
I strongly recommend having more discussions regarding egg freezing before starting the process. I also encourage asking questions by email or coming to one of our IVF orientations that will begin in late February/early March. Please stay informed on IVF orientation schedules by checking our blog/website.