Studies have shown that women who underwent acupuncture before, during and after IVF embryo transfer increased their chances of pregnancy by up to 42 percent. Why is this important? The pregnancy success rate of those who did not undergo acupuncture was only 26 percent. These phenomenal IVF success rates are why New Hope Fertility NYC unveiled its in-house acupuncture therapy treatment program in July of 2017! Our acupuncturists are specially trained in acupuncture therapy with a focus on treating women’s infertility.
Acupuncture and Increased Fertility Levels
Acupuncture is the process of inserting thin needles into the skin on target areas of the body. The placement of the needles is done strategically. Acupuncturists believe that by placing needles in specific places, changes take place within the body. Specifically, the flow of energy within the body is changed and restored to balance. By helping the body to return to balance, physical, mental, and spiritual issues are address, including issues with fertility.
In House Acupuncture for Fertility
The World Health Organization (WHO) and the National Institutes for Health have found that acupuncture is a viable and accepted method of treating female infertility.
- Enhances IVF success rates
- Reduces stress during IVF treatment
- Enhance ovarian function
- Increase blood supply to reproductive organs – especially the uterus
The IVF Embryo Transfer Acupuncture Plan
Acupuncture can begin at any time during your fertility treatment – but this is the best plan of action:
- Plan an acupuncture treatment on the morning of your transfer
- Plan another in the afternoon following your transfer
- Book an acupuncture session five days after your transfer
- Book a follow up acupuncture session 5 to 7 days later
One of the primary ways acupuncture can address fertility issues is through the management of stress. Fertility treatment can be a stressful time and can result in stress in other areas of life, including a couple’s relationship. Unfortunately, high stress levels negatively impacts fertility for both men and women. By helping to control stress, acupuncture can increase fertility.
- Acupuncture is a great way to manage pain, discomfort, and other side effects associated with using fertility medications.
- For couples who are taking a more holistic approach to IVF treatment, acupuncture can provide a natural increase in fertility for both men and women using Mini-IVF™ or Natural IVF™ protocols.
More about Fertility Acupuncture
For additional information on incorporating fertility acupuncture into a personalized treatment plan, contact the experts at New Hope Fertility NYC today. If you would like to schedule a consultation, click the icon below - or - call 917.525.5496