Finding an affordable Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) treatment provider in New York is no longer a daunting task. The fertility specialists at New Hope Fertility NYC have made it their mission to provide first class, cost-effective IUI treatment for every patient. Depending on a woman’s age, IUI will boost a woman’s chance for pregnancy by up to 20 percent. Typically, three to four cycles of IUI are recommended before our doctors recommend patients move on to an In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) protocol. We offer low-cost IVF protocols – including Mini-IVF™ and Natural Cycle IVF™.
Affordable IUI in New York
New Hope Fertility NYC uses cutting edge technology to make IUI affordable in New York.
In the USA, the cost of an IUI procedure is approximately $865.
However, an IUI cycle also includes costs for:
- Hormone Testing
- Antral Follicle Count
- Semen Analysis
- Ovarian Monitoring (Ultrasound Imaging and Blood Tests)
- Fertility Medications
Fertility medications costs range between $100 to $1,500 per IUI cycle, depending on each woman’s medical needs.
IUI Procedure Overview
IUI is the placement of a concentrated amount of motile sperm specimen directly into a woman’s uterus. The goal is to increase the number of sperm reaching the woman’s fallopian tubes to facilitate egg fertilization. IUI is performed in the doctor’s office and requires no anesthesia – similar to a Pap smear. IUI treatment is perfectly timed with ovulation whether or not fertility medications are used.
Steps Involved in a Typical IUI cycle
Ovulation of multiple eggs is timed with concentrated sperm insemination.
- The woman’s egg production is stimulated through the administration of oral fertility medications (Clomid or Femara)
- Multiple egg follicles will be produced during one monthly cycle
- The doctor regularly monitors the growth of the woman’s egg follicles through ultrasound imaging and blood tests
- Once the egg follicles have reached a mature stage, ovulation is induced using a medication – the hCG trigger injection
- The hCG injection is performed at home on a set time/date to facilitate the timing of ovulation and insemination of the sperm at the IUI procedure
- On the day of the IUI procedure, a fresh sperm sample is collected (or frozen donor sperm specimen is thawed) and prepared
- Usually two IUIs are performed after the hCG trigger injection – between 12 and 36 hours – to increase the chance of pregnancy in a single cycle
- Progesterone is prescribed daily via suppository to help prepare the woman’s uterine lining for successful implantation of an embryo
- A pregnancy test is scheduled on a date prescribed by the doctor through a blood draw
Celebrated IUI Expertise
It is important to work with a fertility care team having the experience required to design a customized IUI treatment plan meeting your personal needs. To schedule your initial consultation with the fertility specialists at New Hope Fertility NYC, click the icon below – or – call 917.525.5496.