Since 1978, the medical phenomenon of In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) has been used to assist couples who are unable to conceive on their own have a family. There have been a number of advancements in the field of Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART), with new, innovative, and practical rotocols being researched and developed on an ongoing basis. One of the most innovative new protocols is Minimal Stimulation IVF (Mini IVF). This more holistic approach to IVF uses less fertility medication without sacrificing pregnancy success rates.
Mini IVF Protocol
The Mini IVF protocol uses many of the same techniques as traditional IVF. A woman’s eggs are harvested once mature and are fertilized in a laboratory setting. The resulting embryos are monitored with the healthiest transferred back into the mother's uterus for implantation. However, there are many distinct differences that makes the Mini IVF protocol more attractive than conventional IVF to a number of women:
- The goal of the Mini IVF protocol is egg quality rather than quantity
- Less fertility medication is used, making fertility treatment both gentler and less expensive
- Treatment is tailored for a woman to receive the dosage of fertility drugs her body requires to produce a limited number of quality eggs
Mini IVF Benefits
Because of the different approach to IVF treatment, the Mini IVF protocol offers a number of benefits to this approach of treatment:
- Because fewer fertility medications are used, there is less pain and discomfort due to the side effects of stimulating drugs
- Only a limited number of injectable medications are used, which reduces pain and discomfort
- Because a smaller number of eggs are retrieved there is less discomfort after retrieval
- Mini IVF provides a treatment method for women who are unable to produce a large quantity of eggs during a single cycle and are susceptible to ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome
- The higher egg quality received through Mini IVF means that fewer eggs are discarded due to egg quality
- The fertility experts at New Hope Fertility Center are able to achieve high success rates with the use of Mini IVF comparable to that of traditional IVF protocols
Preeminent Mini IVF Provider
To receive additional information on Mini IVF and begin your journey toward having the baby of your dreams, contact New Hope Fertility Center. Please click the link below to enter your information and a fertility specialist at New Hope will contact you - or, simply call 212.969.7422.