Gender identification and selection technology can easily help you choose the sex of your baby. PGS/NGS technology in conjunction with IVF will help you choose the sex of your baby with 99% accuracy. Look: You can balance the sexes of your future family with genetic testing technology. Bottom Line: Gender selection is socially acceptable and gaining in popularity. No longer is gender selection stigmatized as a social engineering tool used to make designer babies.
Gender Identification and Selection Technology
Gender selection is a beneficial by-product of genetic testing. The good news: Through genetic testing, the sex of each embryo is identifiable. PGS and NGS technology works to identify embryos with chromosomal abnormalities while they culture in vitro (in the lab). Why is this important? PGS/NGS is the testing of an embryo’s overall chromosomal normalcy prior to being transferred to the patient’s uterus. Chromosomal abnormalities make an embryo too week to thrive into a fetus if it manages to implant into a woman’s uterine lining.
The Make-Up of an Embryo’s Gender
The chromosomes of a sperm determine an embryo’s gender.
- A man’s sperm can carry either the X or Y chromosome
- A woman’s egg only contributes the X chromosome to the fertilized embryo
- An embryo with XY makeup is male
- An embryo with XX makeup is female
PGS/NGS Increases Pregnancy Rates By Up To 30 Percent
We recommend universal blastocyst embryo screening for our patients because the procedure can help increase the chances of a pregnancy by 30 percent. Our fertility specialists recommend PGS/NGS in conjunction with IVF for:
- Women over 37 who are undergoing IVF
- Women who have had two or more unsuccessful IVF cycles
- Women under 35 who have experienced two or more miscarriages – recurrent miscarriage
- Women who are over 35 and have experience one miscarriage
Proven Increase in IVF Pregnancy Rates
State-of-the-art embryo biopsy techniques and genetics technologies have proven to increase IVF pregnancy rates. Through the medical marvel of PGS/NGS in conjunction with IVF, genetic and chromosomal abnormalities can be detected in embryos.
Genetic Testing For Informed Decisions
- Only high quality embryos are transferred to the patient’s uterus
- Only high quality embryos are cryopreserved for future Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET) procedures
PGS/NGS Testing Detects Low Quality Embryos
As a woman advances in age, the chance for chromosomal abnormalities in embryos increases. Low quality embryos result in:
- Low pregnancy success rates
- High miscarriage rates
- High chance for birth defects
PGS/NGS takes place in conjunction with IVF in a controlled laboratory setting. Three days after fertilization of the patient’s eggs in vitro, cells are removed from each of the embryos developing.
- A small sample of cells are is removed from the embryo by a highly skilled embryologist using a laser and a microscopic glass needle
- The cells’ genetic makeup is analyzed by the embryologist under a microscope
- A decision is made as to the quality of each of the individual embryos
- Only high quality embryos are used in completion of a fresh IVF cycle
- Only high quality embryos are cryopreserved for future FET procedures
Other Benefits of PGS/NGS in Conjunction with IVF
The benefits of PGS/NGS in conjunction with IVF include:
- Screening out embryos carrying a genetic disease
- Predicting the risk of a genetic disease
- Screening out abnormalities
- Improving birth rates of healthy babies through IVF
Mini-IVF™ and Gender Selection
Our Mini-IVF™ can increase your chances of pregnancy without the need for large dosages of costly fertility medications used to produce an excessive number of eggs. Here’s the deal: The goal with a Mini-IVF™ protocol is to produce between 3 and 5 quality eggs per fresh cycle. The best part: Pregnancy success rates for Mini-IVF™ are comparable to Conventional IVF.
World Renowned Gender Selection Expertise
To schedule your initial consultation with the Gender Selection Experts at New Hope Fertility Center, click the icon below – or – call 917.525.5496.