In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) is a holistic medical phenomenon helping couples who are unable to conceive on their own. IVF treatment assists cases of both male and female infertility. This technology has been very successful in helping couples start and grow their families. Enhancements in the field of fertility care have expanded the number of IVF protocols, including the innovation of Natural Cycle IVF. Women who are religiously or morally prevented from seeking medical fertility care may find that this treatment method is exactly what they’ve been looking for.
Natural Cycle IVF
The natural approach to IVF treatment has a different goal than that of traditional IVF. The goal in a natural protocol is simple. Harvesting a naturally created egg, fertilizing it, and transferring a health embryo back into the mother's uterus for hopeful implantation. This protocol is centered around a woman’s natural cycle.
There are multiple advantages to this protocol:
- There are no side effects due to fertility enhancing medication
- There is no injection site pain
- The cycle is more comfortable for the woman
- Naturally produced eggs are typically the healthiest eggs possible
- A fresh embryo transfer can be done
- There’s no need to wait between cycles
Overall, there is less discomfort and stress during a natural cycle. Additionally, there is a lower out of pocket cost due to the absence of fertility medication.
Candidates for Natural IVF
Any woman who is ovulating on her own is a good candidate for a natural IVF cycle. Women who will find the most benefit from this protocol include:
- Women who wish to avoid fertility medication for health reasons
- Women who are poor responders to fertility medication
- Women who do not want produce multiple eggs and/or embryos
- Older women or women who have high FSH levels
- Women with moral and/or religious prohibitions to using fertility medication
Additionally, the Natural Cycle IVF protocol is ideal for people who want a holistic approach to treating infertility.
Natural Cycle IVF Experts
Contact the fertility experts at New Hope Fertility Center if you’re struggling with infertility.
It is important to work with a fertility care team that understands which treatment methods are best for you, considering, like Natural Cycle IVF. Personalized treatment plans offer the highest success rates and the best overall patient satisfaction.
To schedule a consultation today, click the icon below - or - call 917-525-5496.