Dear Patient, New Hope Fertility Center (NHFC) is closely monitoring COVID-19. While the impact cannot be predicted, we at NHFC are taking all precautions to ensure the health and safety of our patients and staff. It is safe to continue your monitoring sessions as scheduled. If you are a new patient, and have your initial office visit scheduled, but would prefer to have a teleconference visit – please call our office and we will be happy to accommodate you.
New Hope’s Coronavirus Prevention Strategy
In the meantime, the very best thing we can do to protect the spread of the virus is to follow the CDC’s Prevention Guidelines.
- Regularly wash your hands and use hand sanitizer – NHFC has several Purell dispensing stations located throughout our office beginning at the elevator exit
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing – it’s best to use the inside of your elbow
- Dispose of used tissues properly and then wash your hands or use Purell
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Clean/disinfect frequently touched surfaces with disinfectant wipes
- If you have flu-like symptoms – stay home from work, school, and crowded places
- Seek medical attention/advice from your primary care provider if you have flu-like symptoms
Watch New Hope’s Recent Coronavirus Advisory YouTube Videos
- John Zhang’s Coronavirus Advisory YouTube Video March 3, 2020
- Zaher Merhi’s Coronavirus Advisory YouTube Video March 3, 2020
Please know that the health and wellness of our patients and staff is our top priority.
- All patients experiencing fever – cough – shortness of breath are asked to stay at home and communicate with our office via telephone
- All patients and employees must wash their hands regularly and use Purell stations throughout our office – beginning at the elevator exit
- Employees will be disinfecting the elevator’s buttons every 15 minutes to avoid coronavirus transmission
- All in-office patients must wear a special face mask during visits – a 3M mask
- A 3M face mask covers the mouth area and doesn’t let air out
- A 3M face mask helps to prevent Coronavirus transmission
- New Hope is not presently accepting new patients from China, Italy, Iran, Japan, and South Korea
CDC Travel Health Notices as of March 3, 2020
The CDC’s Travel Health Notices regularly inform travelers and clinicians about current health issues that adversely impact travelers’ health, like the Coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak, in specific international destinations.
WARNING LEVEL 3 – Avoid Non-Essential Travel
As of March 3, 2020, the CDC warns American Citizens against traveling to:
- People’s Republic of China
- South Korea
Coronavirus and Pregnancy
On February 14th, the FDA issued the following statement:
While respiratory viruses – in general – are not known to be transmitted by implantation, transplantation, infusion, or transfer of human cells, tissues, or cellular or tissue-based products (HCT/Ps), the potential for transmission of COVID-19 by HCT/Ps is unknown at this time. There have been no reported cases of transmission of COVID-19 via these products.
- Respiratory viruses – in general – are not known to be transmitted by implantation or transfer of human cells
- There have been no reported cases of transmission of COVID-19 via these products
Up-to-Date Coronavirus Prevention Advice When You’re Trying to Conceive
If you have more questions about how to prevent Coronavirus COVID-19 exposure when you are trying to conceive – call 212.969.7422.