Today, more women in their late 30s and early to mid-40s are getting pregnant than their younger counterparts. This is because many women are delaying motherhood to pursue their education and career, as well as to attain financial security and find a suitable partner in life. As a woman ages into her late 30s, her egg quality significantly declines. Poor egg quality make it very difficult for women over 40 to conceive a healthy pregnancy. DHEA – dehydroepiandrosterone – therapy has increased older women’s egg quality.
How DHEA Therapy Works
Women over 40 have a lower DHEA level due to natural aging. Supplementing DHEA hormone levels may reduce the adverse effects aging has on a woman’s egg quality. Research shows that DHEA therapy has a number of benefits to enhancing an older woman’s fertility:
- Increase in egg quality
- Improved IVF pregnancy success rates and healthy live births for older women
- Decrease in miscarriage chances
- Fewer IVF cycles required
- Decrease in likelihood of embryo chromosomal abnormalities
DHEA is a supplement that can help prepare your body of IVF treatment administered under the watchful eye of your fertility specialist. DHEA is a hormone made naturally in the body leading to the production of estrogen in women. After age 30, DHEA levels in a woman’s body begin to decline – leading to the difficulty in conceiving naturally due to lowered libido and decreased egg quality.
As an alternative to the Conventional IVF, New Hope Fertility NYC offers a holistic protocols. These holistic IVF protocols reduce the physical and financial tolls on couples trying to conceive.
Mini-IVF™ – only a minimal amount of fertility drugs are prescribed to produce a limited number of quality eggs – 3 to 5
Natural Cycle IVF™ – no fertility drugs are prescribed to stimulate egg production and the patient produces her one quality egg per monthly cycle
Other Ancillary Benefits of IVF
- Circumvents reproductive medical conditions such as blocked Fallopian tubes
- Helps to overcome male-factor infertility via Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
- Helps to prevent single gene disorders from being passed on to the child via in vitro embryo PGD testing
- Permits in vitro embryo testing to detect chromosomal deficiencies – aneuploidy – an extra or missing chromosome through PGS/NGS testing
- Allows couples to choose the sex of their child through gender selection of embryos developing in vitro
- Allows couples to freeze their excess embryos for future Frozen Embryo Transfers (FET) to assist in cost-effective future family planning through embryo cryopreservation
- Provides family planning options for the LGBTQ community through the use of donor eggs or donor sperm
World Renowned IVF Expertise
It is important to work with a fertility care team having the experience required to design a customized fertility treatment plan meeting your specific personal needs. To schedule your initial consultation with one of the world renowned fertility specialists at New Hope Fertility NYC, click the icon below – or – call 917.525.5496.