Egg donation is a selfless act that can help couples have the family they’ve dreamed even though they’ve been unable to get pregnant on their own. In order to ensure our clients receive the highest quality service available, all egg donors are required to have a background check and pass extensive testing and criteria before qualifying for egg donation.
Before being eligible for donation, all potential donors must meet the following criteria:
- Between the age of 18 and 28. Women of Jewish ancestry may be up to age 30.
- Eligible to legally live and work in the United States and have a valid social security number.
- Have at least a high school education, although college degree or coursework is preferred.
- Be a healthy weight for their height, with a BMI between 18 and 29.
- Be a non-smoker and free from the use of drugs.
- Have a clean medical history including no history of genetic or sexually transmitted diseases – even if those diseases were treated successfully.
- Be mature enough to understand the importance of the process and to administer all prescribed medication including multiple injections daily.
- Not having any tattoos, piercings or acupuncture procedures within the last 12 months.
In addition to the above, all potential donors must provide detailed information on their family medical history. Beyond that, psychological evaluations and genetic testing will be performed to ensure potential donors are a good fit for the program. Lastly, all donors must be willing to provide a photo to allow potential parents to be able to select a donor that is matched with their needs and wants.
These requirements are put in place in order to best serve all parties involved with the egg donation. Donors and recipients are treated with the utmost respect during the donation process. After all, everyone involved is working towards the same goal - helping a couple start a family.
For additional information on becoming an egg donor or to learn how egg donation can help you grow your family, contact the experts at New Hope Fertility Center today. Please click the link below to enter your information and New Hope will contact you, or simply call 212-517-7676. Thank You.