Quality embryo development is crucial to a successful pregnancy via an In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) cycle. It can’t be emphasized enough. Identifying quality embryos developing in vitro is critical. The EmbryoScope is an innovative, cutting edge, time-lapsed photography and software solution. Look: The EmbryoScope allows the close monitoring of each embryo’s in vitro growth and development without disturbing the culturing process.
The EmbryoScope is technology designed to improve IVF outcomes.
- Quantitative data on an embryo’s early stage of development in vitro
- Objective information on an embryo’s early stage of development in vitro
- Utilizes time-lapsed photography and software
- No need to manipulate embryos within the incubator in vitro
- No need to remove the embryos from the incubator in vitro
Candidates for EmbryoScope technology:
- Couples having previous failed IVF attempts
- Couples suffering from recurrent pregnancy loss (miscarriage)
World Renowned Embryology Expertise
From a cell – to a newborn baby – embryology is the branch of biology and medicine focused on the study of an embryo from the point of fertilization through development to the fetus stage. The practice of embryology is key to pregnancy success through IVF technology.
Working with fertility doctors to successfully treat every patient’s underlying cause of infertility, the clinical embryologists at New Hope Fertility NYC are responsible for:
- Assisting in the surgical retrieving of a woman’s eggs
- Performing post-surgical retrieval tests on eggs
- Performing in vitro tests on embryos
- Maintaining patient clinical records
Our acclaimed team of embryologists give careful attention to nurturing quality embryos as they develop in vitro. Only quality embryos are transferred to the patient’s uterus.
- Quality embryos have the highest chance of implantation into a woman’s uterine lining
- Quality embryos thrive into a fetus
- Quality embryos have the best chance of achieving a full-term, healthy pregnancy
After Egg Retrieval and In Vitro Culturing
Excess, quality embryos produced during a fresh IVF cycle are cryopreserved for future transfers via Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET). Only the highest quality embryos are cryopreserved for the best chances of a future FET pregnancy success.
Embryology Roles in the IVF Process
New Hope Fertility NYC’s cutting edge laboratory technology provides embryos culturing in vitro with an optimum environment for healthy development prior to fresh transfer and/or cryopreservation for future FETs.
- HRSS – High Resolution Sperm Selection is technology used to identify and choose only highest quality sperm cells for fertilization of a healthy egg
- ICSI – Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection is technology used to treat male factor infertility by assisting in each healthy egg’s direct fertilization with only a high quality sperm
- Assisted Hatching is technology used to help embryos erupt from their shell and become more amendable to implantation in the uterine lining
- IVF/M – In Vitro Maturation is technology used to surgically retrieve a woman’s immature eggs and mature same in vitro before fertilization via ICSI
- EmbryoScope technology is used to gather time-lapsed data by monitoring every embryo’s development without disruption of the in vitro culturing process
HRSS – High Resolution Sperm Selection
Embryologists at New Hope Fertility NYC choose only the healthiest sperm to fertilize an egg in vitro. HRSS technology provides embryologists with the ability to view sperm at 6000 x magnification using Differential Interference Contrast (DIC) microscopy. Through HRSS, an embryologist can view the physical details of each sperm – its shape, size, and motility – looking for good morphological appearance. Healthy sperm is essential to the development of a quality embryo in vitro. Normal chromosomes and less fragmentation in DNA are key factors that play a significant role in the quality of an embryo.
ICSI – Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection
ICSI is an IVF laboratory ancillary procedure designed to help resolve male-factor infertility due to low sperm count or poor sperm quality. ICSI is the micromanipulation of fertilizing an egg by injecting a single sperm directly into the cytoplasm of a mature egg using a pipette (glass needle).
A computer-assisted laser procedure – known as Assisted Hatching – helps the mass of cells inside an embryo escape during transfer for better uterine lining implantation success. A tiny opening is made in the Zona Pellucida through a computer-assisted laser after the embryo has cultured for up to five days.
(IVF/M) In Vitro Maturation
Through IVF/M – in vitro fertilization with maturation – immature eggs are retrieved for maturation in vitro and fertilization using ICSI.
World Renowned EmbryoScope Technology Expertise
We are proud to be one of a select number of fertility centers in the world having embraced EmbryoScope technology.
To schedule your initial consultation with one of the world renowned fertility specialists at New Hope Fertility NYC call 917.525.5496 - or - click the icon below