If you’re struggling with infertility and have medical insurance, it is in your best interest – as a patient and insured – to have a solid diagnosis and customized IVF treatment plan in place prior to submitting a claim. Not the other way around. In New York, as of January 1st 2020, the newly enacted Fair Access to Fertility Treatment Act – FAFTA, ensures that patients who have a medical diagnosis of infertility may now be covered for the cost of up to three cycles of IVF and fertility preservation by their large-group insurance provider. Infertility is defined as not being able to get pregnant after 12 months of unprotected, regular sexual intercourse.
To ensure that you have the best chance of being covered by your large-group provider for fertility treatment costs under the new FAFTA mandate – our fertility specialists recommend that you:
- Make an appointment with a fertility specialist and undergo a thorough medical evaluation and diagnostic testing to target the cause of your infertility
- Obtain a medical diagnosis of your infertility
- Receive counseling from our in-house financial counselor to review and determine your insurance policy’s coverage
- Choose a customized infertility treatment plan recommended by your fertility doctor to be optimal for your chance of pregnancy success
- Your customized infertility treatment plan will then be in the best position to be in compliance with your insurance coverage requirements
It is in your best interest to make sure you comply with your medical insurance coverage guidelines in advance of submitting a claim – while simultaneously ensuring that you qualify for mandated coverage under FAFTA.
We are ready to help see if you are eligible to take advantage of New York’s new FAFTA mandate. As a New Yorker, you may now have insurance coverage for the cost of IVF and fertility preservation.
Infertility Treatment Cost Coverage
Fertility Preservation Cost Coverage
In New York, large-group insurance providers must now cover the cost of egg and sperm freezing – for fertility preservation – in cases where patients have been diagnosed with:
- Sickle Cell Anemia
FAFTA is a major accomplishment in making sure New Yorkers have deserved insurance coverage to help them afford the cost of building their families – today – and in the future.
New York’s Large-Group IVF Insurance Coverage Mandate
New Hope Fertility Center accepts Major Health Insurance in the U.S. Our in-house financial and insurance counselors will help you predetermine your coverage.
- BlueCross BlueShield
- United Health Care
- Oxford Health Plans
FAFTA Coverage Expertise
It is important to work with a fertility care team having the experience required to design a customized fertility treatment plan meeting your personal medical and financial needs. To schedule your initial consultation with the fertility specialists at New Hope Fertility Center – click the icon below – or call 212.969.7422.