Our Mini-IVF™ is a gentle – yet successful – holistic protocol helping to achieve pregnancy success for those women who have been struggling to have a baby. Because lower dosages of fertility medications are prescribed, only 3 to 5 high quality eggs are produce. The best part? Your cost per Mini-IVF™ cycle is reduced because less fertility medications are prescribed. Bottom Line: Pregnancy success rates for Mini-IVF™ are comparable to Conventional IVF.
The Revolutionary Mini-IVF™
In addition to reducing your cost for fertility medications, a Mini-IVF™ protocol lessens your physical discomfort.
- Less fertility medication to produce 3 to 5 quality eggs
- Cycle monitoring through ultrasound imaging and blood tests
- Surgical egg retrieval
- Fertilization of egg and sperm in vitro via (ICSI)
- Culture and monitoring of embryo(s) via EmbryoScope technology
- Grading and selection of quality embryo(s) for fresh transfer and/or future (FET)
- Single Embryo Transfer (SET)
Candidates for Mini-IVF™
Mini-IVF™ is the best treatment protocol for:
- Women diagnosed with blocked or damaged Fallopian tubes
- Women diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Women diagnosed as having a risk of developing Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome (OHSS)
- Women diagnosed with a low ovarian reserve
- Women diagnosed with cancer and are about to undergo treatment
Mini-IVF™ has also become the preferred treatment protocol for those:
- Having failed multiple Conventional IVF cycles
- Suffering from male-factor infertility
- Wanting to reduce their costs of treatment
- Wanting to reduce their risk of multiple pregnancy
- Not wanting to create excessive embryos due to religious reasons
- Wanting to reduce their use of injectable medications because of an aversion to needles
- Wanting to undergo another fresh IVF cycle immediately after a failed cycle
Depending on the woman’s medical needs, an oral fertility medication – typically Clomid – is prescribed to gently stimulate her ovaries into producing multiple eggs. But there’s a catch. In some cases, three or fewer of injectable gonadotropins – Menopur – may be prescribed in combination with Clomid to encourage egg production. Finally, Synarel is delivered nasally 36 hours prior to surgical egg retrieval.
Cons of Mini-IVF™
Mini-IVF™ patients are less likely to have leftover embryos to cryopreserve for future Frozen Embryo Transfers (FET). Why does this matter? If a cycle fails, and multiple subsequent fresh Mini-IVF™ cycles are pursued, costs can add up to be greater than a Conventional IVF where multiple embryos are produced and can be cryopreserved.
Another risk of Mini-IVF™ is that a patient could end up producing unhealthy eggs that are not able to be fertilized. Or, the embryos produced in vitro may not be healthy for transfer.
Quality Eggs – Not Quantity of Eggs
Dr. John Zhang – founder and medical director of New Hope Fertility NYC, developed his trademarked Mini-IVF™ with the goal of producing high quality eggs – not an excessive quantity of low quality eggs.
In many cases, someone who fails a conventional cycle will have better luck with lower stimulation protocol like Mini-IVF™ since it can produce higher quality eggs. – Dr. John Zhang
It is a case-by-case situation, but you should not assume that because one cycle fails, all treatment will. *** Studies show that women can have a higher success with lower stimulation over the course of multiple cycles. By trying another treatment, we have seen better success. – Dr. John Zhang
World Renowned Mini-IVF™ Experts
It is important to work with a fertility care team having the experience required to design a customized Mini-IVF™ treatment plan meeting your financial and medical needs. To schedule your initial consultation with one of the world renowned Mini-IVF™ experts at New Hope Fertility Center call 917.525.5496.