Becoming an egg donor is a great way to give the gift of life by helping infertile couples achieve pregnancy. New Hope Fertility Center pioneered the Division of Fertility Preservation. Our aim is that both the egg donor and recipient are provided with the best care during the process.
Becoming an Egg Donor
The overview below will help you understand the process of becoming an egg donor.
The first step in egg donation is the application process. All potential donors are screened to determine if they are good candidates for donation. Donor prescreening may be completed on this website by clicking here.
Once your prescreening information is received and reviewed, our Donor Coordinator will contact you. If your prescreening information shows you may be a good match, we will make an appointment with you to undergo medical screening.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) mandates that a series of blood work be performed to determine if you qualify to become an egg donor. This process can take up to three weeks to complete.
Egg donors undergo traditional IVF to harvest eggs.
During this process:
- You are required to self-inject fertility medication
- Ultrasound and blood work are performed to track the progress of your cycle
- Once ready, eggs are removed via microsurgery performed under local anesthesia
Our donor egg program takes approximately two months to complete. This timeframe is in stark contrast to other organizations where you may wait a year or more to be matched with a parent.
Some highlights of our program are:
- Donors can be between 18 and 28 years old
- Only non-smokers who are drug-free are eligible
- No history of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) is allowed
- Donation is not allowed within 12 months of piercings or tattoos
- Donor must have a pleasing appearance
- A body mass index between 18 and 29 is required
- Donors must have a high school diploma or GED
- A valid social security number is required
Egg Donor Experts
For additional information about becoming an egg donor, contact New Hope Fertility Center.