Historically, in order to do in vitro fertility treatment, large doses of fertility medication were required. This was done in order to promote the maturation of a large quantity of eggs that would be harvested with the goal of fertilization. Because a large number of eggs are required to do traditional in vitro, women with low egg counts are often turned away from fertility care. Advances in the field of fertility medicine have allowed for more holistic options for IVF. In fact, it is possible to do in vitro fertilization without any fertility medication.
Natural in vitro fertilization does not use fertility medication. Instead of using fertility medication to artificially stimulate a woman’s body, Natural IVF harvests the egg she produces naturally. Natural IVF may be the ideal in vitro fertilization protocol for many women including:
- Women who have a low egg reserve
- Women who wish to avoid fertility medication
- Older women
- Women who are not likely to respond to fertility medication
The natural approach to in vitro fertilization has several benefits:
- Elimination of discomfort associated with injectable fertility medication
- Avoidance of side effects commonly experienced with fertility medication
- No need for waiting between in vitro cycles
- Ability to use fresh embryo transfer as the uterine lining has not been affected by the use of fertility medication
- Expanding the number of women who are eligible for in vitro fertilization treatment
- Potential reduction in the overall cost of IVF treatment as fertility medicine is not required
New Hope Fertility Center is conveniently located in Manhattan. Our expert fertility care team has decades of experience and works every day to provide the specific level of support that each of our patients need. We have a one good egg policy, because one good egg is all it takes to become pregnant and have the family you’ve been dreaming of.
For additional information on Natural IVF and to learn what options for fertility treatment are available to you, contact New Hope today. Our world class patient experience begins with your first contact with our facility. Please click the link below to enter your information and New Hope will contact you, or simply call 212-517-7676. Thank You.