Despite affecting millions of Americans, treatment for infertility is often not covered by medication insurance. Because of this, IVF cost is often a major concern for couples who are unable to conceive on their own. Understanding what makes up IVF cost can help couples plan for the expense of fertility care.
New Hope Fertility Center is an industry leading provider of fertility care. The New Hope Team focuses on providing individualized care with a holistic approach in order to provide couples with their dream of having a family.
At New Hope Fertility Center IVF cycles are below the average cost of IVF in NYC. Our fee covers the following:
- An Antral follicle count
- Education before and during the cycle
- Review of the cycle with a medical professional
- The egg retrieval procedure with the use of a local anesthetic
- Fertilization of the retrieved eggs with ICSI used as needed
- Freezing of embryos with vitrification to ensure high survival rates for the freezing and thawing process
- Embryo culture
- Assisted hatching
- A fresh or frozen embryo transfer depending on medical need
Not included in the IVF cost above are the cost of fertility medication. The amount of medication used is based on the type of IVF protocol used and each woman’s specific medical needs. New Hope offers three IVF protocols:
- Natural Cycle IVF – This protocol is done without fertility medication. Typical medication costs are $100 per cycle.
- Minimal Stimulation IVF – This protocol uses low doses of fertility medication to stimulate a woman’s body to produce two to five high quality eggs. The amount of medication is determined on an individualized basis. Mediation costs range between $100 and $1,500 per cycle.
- Traditional IVF – This protocol uses high levels of fertility medication in order to harvest a large number of eggs. This method of IVF treatment is typically done when the quantity of eggs retrieved is of the most importance.
Individuals with insurance coverage for fertility care may have significantly reduced out of pocket costs for IVF treatment. For additional information on your specific out of pocket IVF cost, contact a member of the New Hope team today. Please click the link below to enter your information and New Hope will contact you, or simply call 212-517-7676. Thank You.