In years past, fertility medication was highly relied upon in order to do in vitro fertilization. The traditional protocol used medication to increase the number of eggs a woman’s body produced during a single cycle. There were significant side effects to using large amounts of fertility medication. Additionally, women who wished to avoid fertility medication or who did not respond well to fertility medication had limited options for in vitro treatment.
Thankfully, advancements in the field of fertility medicine have made it possible for women to undergo in vitro fertilization without the use of fertility medications. These Natural IVF protocols use a woman’s natural cycle as the foundation. Instead of increasing egg production through the use of drugs, a woman’s body is closely monitored in order to retrieve and fertilize the egg she produces normally during a cycle. There are a number of advantages to a Natural IVF cycle:
- The uncomfortable side effects of taking and administering fertility medication is eliminated
- There is no risk of developing OHSS, Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome, during a cycle
- The egg produced naturally is of the highest quality and best suited for fertiliz
ation and a healthy pregnancy.
- The waiting period between cycles and between fertilization and embryo transfer is eliminated. In traditional IVF protocols a waiting period is usually necessary to allow for the recovery of the uterine lining which can be damaged through the use of fertility medication
- Discomfort associated with multiple follicles is eliminated
- Women who may have been turned away due to a low egg reserve or the inability to produce multiple eggs during a cycle are now eligible for in vitro fertilization
The fertility care experts at New Hope Fertility Center are pioneers in the field of holistic approaches to fertility medicine. Through research, clinical trials and partnerships with other industry leaders, the fertility experts at New Hope are able to provide individualized, holistic, and patient focused treatment for each of their clients.
For additional information on Natural IVF or to find out if you are a good candidate for this protocol, contact New Hope today. Please click the link below to enter your information and New Hope will contact you, or simply call 212-517-7676. Thank You.