This summer, you should choose to seek non-traditional, complementary treatments to increase your chance of pregnancy. Acupuncture is a Chinese medicine that some people use to manage a variety of medical conditions – including infertility. An acupuncturist inserts very small, thin needles into specific points of a body to stimulate blood flow to that area.
Acupuncture Treats Infertility
When used as a treatment for infertility, proponents of acupuncture say it can help by:
- Boosting blood flow to reproductive organs
- Balancing hormones
- Relieving stress
Did you know? We have an in-house acupuncture for fertility service entitling our patients to a discount for acupuncture treatment services. A Recent Study shows that you can increase your chance of a successful pregnancy by up to 42 percent by beginning acupuncture treatment three months before your IVF transfer. Women who do not undergo acupuncture before their IVF transfer only had a 26 percent chance of pregnancy success. Bottom Line: Our fertility specialists are avid promoters of an acupuncture regimen for their IVF patients.
How Acupuncture Works
Our acupuncturists are specially trained in a fertility-focused treatment of care.
- Increases IVF pregnancy chances
- Reduces stress during IVF treatment
- Enhances ovarian function
- Increases blood supply to reproductive organs – uterus
- Overall stabilization of the endocrine system
Holistic Acupuncture Basics
Acupuncture is a holistic medical treatment derived by the Chinese centuries ago. It is a medical practice that involved inserting hair-size needles into trigger points on the body.
Acupuncture helps to correct medical problems that hinder a woman’s fertility.
- Reduced stress and improved mental clarity/overall wellness
- Improved egg quality
- Regulated FSH
- Improved implantation success rate – conception
- Improved full-term pregnancy success
- Reduced rate of miscarriage
- Improved thyroid-related infertility
Acupuncture Transfer Plan During IVF
- Morning of embryo transfer
- Afternoon following transfer
- 5 days after transfer
Avid Promoter of Acupuncture for Fertility
It is important to work with a fertility care team having the experience required to design a customized IVF treatment protocol meeting your personal needs. To schedule your initial consultation with one of the fertility specialists at New Hope Fertility Center – click the icon below – or call 917.525.5496.