For lesbian couples who are ready to start a family, Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) provides the ideal solution. Donor sperm can be used to fertilize a woman's natural egg in an easy in-office procedure. The fertility specialists at New Hope Fertility NYC are non-judgmental in providing fertility treatments to all members of the LGBTQ community. We use today’s cutting edge technology to make IUI affordable for all patients. In the USA, the cost of an IUI procedure is approximately $865 – not including preliminary testing and fertility medication expenses.
- No personal or religious judgments
- No restrictions on interracial couples
- No restriction on sexual orientation
- No restrictions on marital status
IUI Cost for Lesbian Couples
In addition to the procedure fee, the cost of IUI cycle includes expenses for:
- Hormone Testing
- Antral Follicle Count
- Ovarian Monitoring (Ultrasound Imaging and Blood Tests)
- Fertility Medications
Depending on the patient’s medical needs, fertility medication costs typically range between $100 to $1,500 per IUI cycle.
Steps Involved in a Typical IUI cycle
IUI is the placement of a concentrated amount of motile sperm specimen directly into a woman’s uterus. The goal is to increase the number of sperm reaching the woman’s fallopian tubes to facilitate egg fertilization. IUI is performed in the doctor’s office and requires no anesthesia – similar to a Pap smear. IUI treatment is perfectly timed with ovulation whether or not fertility medications are used.
Ovulation of multiple eggs is timed with concentrated sperm insemination.
- The woman’s egg production is stimulated through the administration of oral fertility medications (Clomid or Femara)
- Multiple egg follicles will be produced during one monthly cycle
- The doctor regularly monitors the growth of the woman’s egg follicles through ultrasound imaging and blood tests
- Once the egg follicles have reached a mature stage, ovulation is induced using a medication – the hCG trigger injection
- The hCG injection is performed at home on a set time/date to facilitate the timing of ovulation and insemination of the sperm at the IUI procedure
- On the day of the IUI procedure, a selected frozen donor sperm specimen is thawed and prepared
- Usually two IUIs are performed after the hCG trigger injection – between 12 and 36 hours – to increase the chance of pregnancy in a single cycle
- Progesterone is prescribed daily via suppository to help prepare the woman’s uterine lining for successful implantation of an embryo
- A pregnancy test is scheduled on a date prescribed by the doctor through a blood draw
Fertility Clinic Helping Lesbian Couples Conceive a Baby
It is important to work with a fertility care team having the experience required to design a customized IUI treatment plan meeting your specific personal needs. To schedule your initial consultation with one of the world renowned fertility specialists at New Hope Fertility NYC, click the icon below – or – call 917.525.5496.