The first step in your fertility journey is to find a successful fertility center. The staff at your chosen fertility center are directly responsible for fulfilling your dream of becoming a parent. Therefore, it is important to choose a successful fertility center that has experience dealing with issues such as your own.
There are a number of ways success can be evaluated for fertility centers. The Society for Assisted Reproductive Technology, or SART, compiles success rates for IVF treatment. SART evaluates fertility centers on the following:
- Percentage of cycles resulting in pregnancies
- Percentage of cycles resulting in live births
- Implantation rate
- Average number of embryos transferred
- Percentage of retrievals resulting in live births
- Percentage of transfers resulting in live births
Looking at the SART data for the fertility centers you are evaluating is a good first step. SART data is broken down by age groups as shown below:
- Under 35
- 35 – 37
- 38 – 40
- 41 – 42
- Over 42
Take time to select a center that has high success rates in your age group.
SART results are not the only way to measure a successful fertility center. It is also important to take into consideration the center’s staff, philosophy and technology.
- Staff – You should feel comfortable speaking with the center’s staff about your concerns. Evaluate your interactions during your initial call. Was the person that answered the phone friendly and knowledgeable? Select a center that is readily available to speak with you and that follows up with you in a timely basis.
- Philosophy – Ask about the center’s philosophy on fertility care. Some centers want to try less invasive options such as timed intercourse and IUI before moving on to IVF. Others may pursue IVF as a first course of action. Some centers may heavily prescribe fertility medication as a one size fits all approach while others aim to minimize the amount of fertility medication. Choose a center that is aligned with your personal beliefs. If you are a follower of holistic medicine, you should select a fertility center that incorporates holistic healing into their product offerings.
- Technology – The most successful fertility center will use state of the art technology and treatment methods to generate the best possible outcome. Recent developments in fertility care have both decreased the amount of fertility medication that is necessary and increased success rates.
Contact us today and allow us to show you what makes New Hope a successful infertility center. Please click the link below to enter your information and New Hope will contact you, or simply call 212-517-7676. Thank You.