Our revolutionary Mini-IVF™ can increase your chances of pregnancy without the need for large dosages of costly fertility medications. Why does this matter? No longer do you need to produce an excessive number of eggs to achieve a successful pregnancy. Here’s the deal: The goal with a Mini-IVF™ protocol is to produce between 3 and 5 quality eggs per fresh cycle. The best part: Pregnancy success rates for Mini-IVF™ are comparable to Conventional IVF.
Because lower dosages of fertility medications are prescribed to only produce 3 to 5 high quality eggs, the patient’s cost per Mini-IVF™ cycle is reduced. Bottom Line: The patient’s physical discomfort is lessened because her body is not forced into producing the typical 10 to 15 eggs reached in a Conventional IVF cycle.
Look: The Mini-IVF™ protocol in a nutshell.
- A fertility medication regimen to produce 3 to 5 quality eggs
- Cycle monitoring through ultrasound imaging and blood tests
- Surgical egg retrieval
- Fertilization of egg and sperm in vitro via (ICSI)
- Culture and monitoring of embryo(s) via EmbryoScope technology
- Grading and selection of quality embryo(s) for fresh transfer and/or future (FET)
- Single Embryo Transfer (SET)
Candidates for Mini-IVF™
Mini-IVF™ is the best treatment protocol for those women who have been:
- Diagnosed with blocked or damaged Fallopian tubes
- Diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Diagnosed as having a risk of developing Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome (OHSS)
- Diagnosed with a low ovarian reserve
- Diagnosed with cancer and are about to undergo treatment
Mini-IVF™ has also become the preferred treatment protocol for:
- Those patients who have failed multiple Conventional IVF cycles
- Those patients suffering from male-factor infertility
- Those patients wanting to reduce their costs of treatment
- Those patients wanting to reduce their risk of multiple pregnancy
- Those patients who don’t want to create excessive embryos due to religious reasons
- Those patients who want to reduce their use of injectable medications because of an aversion to needles
- Those patients who want to undergo another fresh IVF cycle immediately after a failed cycle
Depending on the woman’s medical needs, an oral fertility medication – Clomid – is prescribed to gently stimulate her ovaries into producing multiple eggs. But there’s a catch. In some cases, three or fewer of injectable gonadotropins – Menopur – may be prescribed in combination with Clomid to encourage egg production. Finally, Synarel is delivered nasally 36 hours prior to surgical egg retrieval.
Downsides to Mini-IVF™
Unlike with Conventional IVF, Mini-IVF™ patients are less likely to have leftover embryos to cryopreserve for future Frozen Embryo Transfers (FET). Why does this matter? If a cycle fails, and multiple subsequent fresh Mini-IVF™ cycles are pursued, costs can add up to be greater than a Conventional IVF where multiple embryos are produced and can be cryopreserved.
Another risk of Mini-IVF™ is that a patient could end up producing unhealthy eggs that are not able to be fertilized. Or, the embryos produced in vitro may not be healthy for transfer.
Quality Eggs – Not Quantity of Eggs
Dr. John Zhang – founder and medical director of New Hope Fertility Center, developed the Mini-IVF™ with the goal of producing high quality eggs – not an excessive quantity of low quality eggs.
According to Dr. Zhang:
In many cases, someone who fails a conventional cycle will have better luck with lower stimulation protocol like Mini-IVF™ since it can produce higher quality eggs. – Dr. John Zhang
It is a case-by-case situation, but you should not assume that because one cycle fails, all treatment will. *** Studies show that women can have a higher success with lower stimulation over the course of multiple cycles. By trying another treatment, we have seen better success. – Dr. John Zhang
Celebrated Mini-IVF™ Provider
It is important to work with a fertility care team having the experience required to design a customized Mini-IVF™ treatment protocol meeting your personal needs. To schedule your initial consultation with the Fertility Specialists at New Hope Fertility NYC – click the icon below – or call 917.525.5496.