During fertility treatment, you must be mindful of stress and anxiety caused by politics – regardless of your affiliation. 2020 is a very contentious and divided time in the history of our nation. Headlines will cause intense political stress to everyone during the upcoming presidential election. The 24/7 news and social media cycles exacerbate political stress. Don’t ignore signs of politically-induced stress if you are undergoing fertility treatment this year. Long-lasting symptoms can take a serious toll on your overall well-being and fertility treatment success. Our Fertility Care Team has put together some helpful tips for you to better manage politically-induced stress.
Symptoms of Politically-Induced Stress
- Higher blood pressure
- Weight gain or loss
- Anxious and worried feelings
- Drastic mood changes
- Struggles with insomnia
Common Sense Ways to Reduce Politically-Induced Stress
Begin by being more thoughtful about the political news you’re watching and sharing with others.
- Be aware of the time you spend consuming politic content and limit yourself to fact-based, reputable primary sources – not your social media feeds.
- Be aware of your surroundings when you discuss politics to avoid offending others around you.
- Be mindful that others may be offended by your political opinions and this could result in unexpected tensions/hurt feelings.
- Don’t be dismissive of other’s opinions – open yourself up to hear and respect their point of view.
- Step away from conflicting conversations when you start feeling uncomfortable.
- Become self-aware of why you may be over-consuming political news.
Other Simple Stress Management Reduction Tools
- Brighten someone’s day by practicing kindness
- Do what makes you happy
- Let go of what you cannot control
- Avoid taking on new responsibilities
- Journal your thoughts and concerns
- Exercise to strengthen your body
- Meditate to maintain a positive outlook
- Get more quality sleep
- Try massage therapy
- Acupuncture for Fertility
- Ozone Sauna Therapy
- Fertility Counseling
Patient-Focused Fertility Treatment Protocols
- Timed Intercourse with medical assistance
- Intrauterine Insemination (IUI)
- Conventional IVF
- Natural Cycle IVF™
- Needle-Free IVF
- At-HOME IVF
Fertility Specialists Helping to Reduce Patient Stress
It is important to work with a fertility care team that can help you reduce your politically-induced stress and anxiety during fertility treatment. To schedule your initial consultation with the fertility specialists at New Hope Fertility Center – click the icon below – or call 212.969.7422.