The goal of our revolutionary Mini-IVF™ is to produce HIGH QUALITY EGGS. You do not need to produce an excessive number of eggs to have pregnancy success with our Mini-IVF™. Here’s the deal: The Mini-IVF™ protocol aims to stimulate a woman’s body into producing between 3 and 5 quality eggs per fresh cycle. The best part: Pregnancy success rates for Mini-IVF™ are comparable to Conventional IVF.
Because lower dosages of fertility medications are prescribed to only produce 3 to 5 high quality eggs, the patient’s cost per Mini-IVF™ cycle is reduced. With a Mini-IVF™ protocol, the patient’s physical discomfort is lessened because her body is not forced into producing the 10 to 15 eggs reached in a Conventional IVF cycle.
Look: The Mini-IVF™ protocol in a nutshell.
- A fertility medication regimen to produce 3 to 5 quality eggs
- Cycle monitoring through ultrasound imaging and blood tests
- Surgical egg retrieval
- Fertilization of egg and sperm in vitro via (ICSI)
- Culture and monitoring of embryo(s) via EmbryoScope technology
- Grading and selection of quality embryo(s) for fresh transfer and/or future (FET)
- Single Embryo Transfer (SET)
Candidates for Mini-IVF™
Mini-IVF™ is the best treatment protocol for those women who have been:
- Diagnosed with blocked or damaged Fallopian tubes
- Diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Diagnosed as having a risk of developing Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome (OHSS)
- Diagnosed with a low ovarian reserve
- Diagnosed with cancer and are about to undergo treatment
Mini-IVF™ has also become the preferred treatment protocol for:
- Those patients who have failed multiple Conventional IVF cycles
- Those patients suffering from male-factor infertility
- Those patients wanting to reduce their costs of treatment
- Those patients wanting to reduce their risk of multiple pregnancy
- Those patients who don’t want to create excessive embryos due to religious reasons
- Those patients who want to reduce their use of injectable medications because of an aversion to needles
- Those patients who want to undergo another fresh IVF cycle immediately after a failed cycle
Depending on the woman’s medical needs, an oral fertility medication – Clomid – is prescribed to gently stimulate her ovaries into producing multiple eggs. But there’s a catch. In some cases, three or fewer of injectable gonadotropins – Menopur – may be prescribed in combination with Clomid to encourage egg production. Finally, Synarel is delivered nasally 36 hours prior to surgical egg retrieval.
Downsides to Mini-IVF™
Unlike with Conventional IVF, Mini-IVF™ patients are less likely to have leftover embryos to cryopreserve for future Frozen Embryo Transfers (FET). Why does this matter? If a cycle fails, and multiple subsequent fresh Mini-IVF™ cycles are pursued, costs can add up to be greater than a Conventional IVF where multiple embryos are produced and can be cryopreserved.
Another risk of Mini-IVF™ is that a patient could end up producing unhealthy eggs that are not able to be fertilized. Or, the embryos produced in vitro may not be healthy for transfer.
Quality Eggs – Not Quantity of Eggs
Dr. John Zhang – founder and medical director of New Hope Fertility NYC, developed his trademarked Mini-IVF™ with the goal of producing high quality eggs – not an excessive quantity of low quality eggs.
According to Dr. Zhang:
In many cases, someone who fails a conventional cycle will have better luck with lower stimulation protocol like Mini-IVF™ since it can produce higher quality eggs. – Dr. John Zhang
It is a case-by-case situation, but you should not assume that because one cycle fails, all treatment will. *** Studies show that women can have a higher success with lower stimulation over the course of multiple cycles. By trying another treatment, we have seen better success. – Dr. John Zhang
Customized Mini-IVF™ Expertise
It is important to work with a fertility care team having the experience required to design a customized Mini-IVF™ treatment protocol meeting your personal needs. To schedule your initial consultation with one of the Mini-IVF™ specialists at New Hope Fertility Center, click the icon below – or – call 917.525.5496.