If you are over 40, Minimal Stimulation IVF – Mini-IVF™ – can increase your chances of pregnancy without the need for large dosages of costly fertility medications. A Mini-IVF™ protocol produces between 3 and 5 quality eggs per fresh cycle. Pregnancy success rates for Mini-IVF™ are comparable to Conventional IVF.
Because lower dosages of fertility medications are prescribed to only produce 3 to 5 high quality eggs, the patient’s cost per Mini-IVF™ cycle is reduced. With a Mini-IVF™ protocol, the patient’s physical discomfort is lessened because her body is not forced into producing the 10 to 15 eggs reached in a Conventional IVF cycle.
The Mini-IVF™ protocol in a nutshell.
- A fertility medication regimen to produce 3 to 5 quality eggs
- Cycle monitoring through ultrasound imaging and blood tests
- Surgical egg retrieval
- Fertilization of egg and sperm in vitro via (ICSI)
- Culture and monitoring of embryo(s) via EmbryoScope technology
- Grading and selection of quality embryo(s) for fresh transfer and/or future (FET)
- Single Embryo Transfer (SET)
Candidates for Mini-IVF™
Not only is Mini-IVF™ the best treatment protocol for women over 40. Other women can benefit from this IVF holistic alternative.
- Women diagnosed with blocked or damaged Fallopian tubes
- Women diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Women diagnosed as having a risk of developing Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome (OHSS)
- Women diagnosed with a low ovarian reserve
- Women diagnosed with cancer and are about to undergo treatment
Mini-IVF™ has also become the preferred treatment protocol for:
- Those patients who have failed multiple Conventional IVF cycles
- Those patients suffering from male-factor infertility
- Those patients wanting to reduce their costs of treatment
- Those patients wanting to reduce their risk of multiple pregnancy
- Those patients who don’t want to create excessive embryos due to religious reasons
- Those patients who want to reduce their use of injectable medications because of an aversion to needles
- Those patients who want to undergo another fresh IVF cycle immediately after a failed cycle
Depending on the woman’s medical needs, an oral fertility medication – Clomid – is prescribed to gently stimulate her ovaries into producing multiple eggs. But there’s a catch. In some cases, three or fewer of injectable gonadotropins – Menopur – may be prescribed in combination with Clomid to encourage egg production. Finally, Synarel is delivered nasally 36 hours prior to surgical egg retrieval.
Quality Eggs – Not Quantity of Eggs
Dr. John Zhang – founder and medical director of New Hope Fertility NYC, developed his trademarked Mini-IVF™ with the goal of producing high quality eggs – not an excessive quantity of low quality eggs.
In many cases, someone who fails a conventional cycle will have better luck with lower stimulation protocol like Mini-IVF™ since it can produce higher quality eggs. – Dr. John Zhang
World Renowned Mini-IVF™ Experts
It is important to work with a fertility care team having the experience required to design a customized Mini-IVF™ treatment plan meeting your specific personal needs. To schedule your initial consultation with one of the world renowned fertility specialists at New Hope Fertility NYC, click the icon below – or – call 917.525.5496.