Even though you may have failed one or more IVF cycles, your large-group insurance provider should cover the cost of future attempts under New York’s newly enacted FAFTA mandate. It may be a challenge – but don’t relent in your persistence of IVF insurance coverage cost. It is in your best financial interest to make sure you comply with your medical insurance provider’s coverage guidelines in advance of submitting a claim – not the other way around. Preparing your medical argument in advance will help you to qualify for coverage under FAFTA.
We are ready to help you take advantage of New York’s FAFTA law mandating that large-group providers cover the cost of up to three IVF cycles.
New York IVF Medical Insurance Coverage
To ensure that you have the best chance of being covered by your large-group provider for the cost of up to three IVF cycles under the newly enacted FAFTA – our fertility specialists recommend that you:
- Make an appointment with a fertility specialist and undergo a thorough medical evaluation and diagnostic testing to target the cause of your infertility
- Obtain a medical diagnosis of your infertility
- Receive counseling from our in-house financial counselor to review and determine your insurance policy’s coverage
- Choose a customized infertility treatment plan recommended by your doctor to be optimal for your chance of pregnancy success
- Your customized infertility treatment plan will then be in the best position to comply with your insurance coverage requirements
FAFTA Mandated IVF and Fertility Preservation Cost Coverage
FAFTA is a major accomplishment in making sure New Yorkers have deserved insurance coverage to help them afford the cost of building their families – today – and in the future.
As a New Yorker, you may now have insurance coverage for the cost of treating infertility through IVF and fertility preservation. Infertility is defined as not being able to get pregnant after 12 months of unprotected, regular sexual intercourse.
New York’s Large-Group IVF Insurance Coverage Mandate
New Hope Fertility Center accepts Major Health Insurance in the U.S. Our in-house financial and insurance counselors will help you predetermine your coverage.
- BlueCross BlueShield
- United Health Care
- Oxford Health Plans
FAFTA Coverage Expertise
It is important to work with a fertility care team having New York's FAFTA coverage expertise. We have the experience required to design a customized fertility treatment plan meeting your personal medical and financial needs. To schedule your initial consultation with the fertility specialists at New Hope Fertility Center – click the icon below – or call 212.969.7422.