Women between the ages of 38 and 42 no longer have to be placed on the IVF fast-track. These older women have more fertility treatment options than ever before. There is now a new fertility treatment – Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy – helping women past their reproductive prime years. Now, older women can elect to receive ovarian rejuvenation therapy as a first-line measure for them to conceive quickly and cost-effectively.
Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy
All older women – even menopausal women – have egg follicles in their ovaries. These eggs are dormant and don’t grow because their environment for development is not optimal. This occurs when a woman’s rigid ovarian wall pushes on follicles and keeps them dormant. When a woman is unable to ovulated, Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy can coax her ovaries into producing viable eggs for fertilization. At New Hope Fertility Center, fertility specialist – Dr. Zaher Merhi – has achieved phenomenal pregnancy success using Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy.
Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy may be recommended when:
- A woman’s egg follicles cannot be seen on an ultrasound; or
- A woman’s body is not responding to fertility medications administered during IVF
At New Hope Fertility Center, Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy is performed in a non-invasive manner compared to other techniques currently being used by other clinics.
Here, Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy is similar to an IVF egg retrieval procedure and is performed in office:
- A woman’s ovaries are punctured multiple times transvaginally
- Pressure on egg follicles is relieved from the rigid ovarian wall
- Dormant eggs are revived and freed from follicles
Candidates for Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy
- Women in their advanced maternal years – late 30s and over 40
- Menopausal women
- Peri-menopausal women
- Women who have a low egg reserve and low Anti Mullerian (AMH) hormone levels
- Women suffering from Premature Ovarian Failure (POF)
- Women suffering from primary ovarian failure
- Women with unexplained infertility
- Women having multiple failed IVF treatments due to poor embryo quality
Pregnancy Success for Older Women
We welcome difficult patients – those previously diagnosed by other fertility specialists as hopelessly infertile.
- No age restriction
- No FSH level requirement
- No requirement to produce multiple eggs per cycle
Ovarian Rejuvenation Expertise
If you want to know if you are a good candidate for Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy before proceeding to IVF treatment, Dr. Zaher Merhi is available to consult with you via Skype, FaceTime or telephone. To schedule your Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy consultation with Dr. Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center, click the icon below – or – call 917.525.5496.