As the first treatment provider offering Needle-Free IVF, our doctors are frequently interviewed by fertility publications about their knowledge and expertise. Recently, in bloodandmilk.com (Blood + Milk), Drs. Zhang, Merhi, and Lipkin explained the pros and cons of Needle-Free IVF – a revolutionary minimal stimulation protocol.
Painless Needle-Free IVF
Painless Needle-Free IVF is simple – convenient – cost saving. This revolutionary IVF protocol does not require invasive injections or blood draws. The fear, pain, and anxiety many patients experience with injections and blood draws are eliminated.
Depending on the woman’s medical needs, an oral fertility medication – typically Clomid and/or Letrozole– are prescribed to gently stimulate her ovaries into producing multiple eggs. Synarel or Leuprolide is administered nasally for 3 days at the beginning of the cycle and then again 36 hours prior to surgical egg retrieval to trigger ovulation.
- Clomid and/or Femara to stimulate egg production
- Synarel or Leuprolide to trigger ovulation
- Oral progesterone tablets
- Vaginal progesterone suppositories
The nasal trigger medication is called leuprolide; it is equivalent to an injectable version. This medication starts the ovulation process and prepares the patient for retrieval, explains Dr. Lana Lipkin – MD, FACOG, Board Certified American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology at New Hope Fertility.
Pros of Needle-Free IVF
- Optimal for women over 35 having a low ovarian reserve
- Benefits women at risk of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Recommended for women at risk for Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome (OHSS)
- Good news for patients seeking a more holistic approach to IVF
- Eliminates fear of needles for those who have difficulty self-administering fertility medications
- Only oral fertility medications are prescribed to stimulate egg production - no injections
- No blood draws are required to monitor hormone levels
- Urine and saliva tests are used to monitor hormone levels
- Higher quality eggs are produced
- Less expensive than Conventional IVF
- According to Dr. Zhang, both conventional and Needle-Free IVF have equally effective pregnancy success rates
Patient-Friendly Needle-Free IVF Protocol
- Improves patient safety
- Improves patient compliance with medication regimen
- Reduces possibility of error in medication administration
- Eliminates the risk of accidental needle sticks, bruising, discomfort
Expertise in Needle-Free IVF
It is important to work with experts having the cutting-edge technology and expertise to design a customized Needle-Free IVF treatment plan. To schedule your initial consultation with one of the Needle-Free IVF Experts at New Hope Fertility Center – click the icon below – or call 212.969.7422.