As a leader in the field for research in IVF treatment, Dr. Zaher Merhi has successfully addressed the common issue of treating a constantly thin endometrial lining. Dr. Zaher Merhi, MD, FACOG, HCLD at New Hope Fertility Center is the Director of IVF Technology Research and Development. The Doctor focuses on overcoming some of the most troubling physiological issues that are commonly preventing people from conceiving including PCOS, OHSS – and now – a constantly
Increasing Endometrial Lining Thickness
Patients who have been referred to gestational surrogacy can now renew their hope of achieving success through IVF and carrying a baby to full term themselves. Our fertility specialists have unique expertise in optimizing the thickness of a woman’s uterine lining for successful embryo implantation. When a woman’s uterine lining is too thin for an embryo to attach and thrive into a fetus, she is diagnosed as having a thin endometrial lining.
Embryo Implantation Failure
Embryo implantation failure is the inability of an embryo to attach to the lining of the uterus. Most failed implantations are due to poor embryo quality. However, good quality embryo implantation failure can occur due to poor endometrial receptivity when a woman suffers from a constantly thin endometrium.
Constantly Thin Endometrium
Pregnancy and live birth success rates rise substantially with increased endometrial thickness – independent of patient age and embryo quality factors.
- Embryo implantation rates are highest when the endometrial lining has a thickness of 7 mm or greater
- An endometrial lining thickness of 7 mm is adequate for embryo implantation
- A constantly thin endometrial lining – 6 mm or less – is cause for concern of a potential failed cycle
Treatment to Increase Thickness of the Endometrial Lining
An unexplained constantly thin endometrial lining can be corrected through estrogen treatments supplemented with Viagra.
- Estrogen Treatment. During a typical IVF cycle, additional estrogen treatment can be prescribed to thicken the uterine lining in preparation for embryo transfer. Estrogen supplementation improves the overall endometrial lining thickness and increases the chances of a successful IVF pregnancy outcome.
- Viagra and Vitamin E Treatment. Studies have shown that Viagra (Sildenafil) and Vitamin E increase blood flow to the uterus – similar to how it increases penile blood flow in men suffering from erectile dysfunction. The increase in blood flow uterus is hoped to deliver more estrogen to the uterine lining. Viagra vaginal suppositories may be prescribed when the endometrial lining is constantly thin despite estrogen treatment.
One Good Egg Policy
Are you are having problems conceiving? Remember: It only takes one good egg and one healthy sperm to make a baby. Our focus is to help you produce good quality eggs during a fresh IVF cycle – not a high quantity of eggs using large doses of injectable fertility medications. The production of high quality eggs – not a large quantity of eggs – will help you achieve a successful pregnancy. Bottom Line: Slow and steady wins the race! Comparatively, few couples will have a child on their first natural conception attempt.
Difficult Patients Welcome
Women diagnosed as difficult or hopelessly infertile by other fertility clinics are welcomed at New Hope Fertility Center. The best part? Because of our One Good Egg Policy, we happily accept candidates for IVF that other fertility clinics decline to treat and have proven success where others failed to even try.
Revolutionary IVF Expertise
It is important to work with a fertility doctor having the research and clinical experience required to design a customized IVF treatment plan meeting your personal medical needs. To schedule your initial consultation with Dr. Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center, click the icon below – or – call 917.525.5496.