IVF treatment is no longer limited to a single protocol reuiring large amounts of fertility medication. Now, there are a number of IVF protocols addressing a variety of patient medical needs and personal preferences. Natural Cycle IVF doesn’t use fertility medication and takes a different approach to IVF. Understanding if this protocol is right for your needs begins with understanding the pros and cons of a Natural Cycle IVF protocol.
Natural IVF Cycle
Understanding if this protocol is right for your needs begins with understanding the pros and cons of a Natural Cycle IVF protocol.
Benefits of Natural IVF
Traditionally, IVF focused on creating a large number of eggs during a single cycle. Women who did not respond well to fertility medication often found that they were deemed to be unsuitable for IVF treatment. This changed with the introduction of Natural Cycle IVF. By focusing on harvesting and fertilizing a sole egg, there is no need to use fertility medication.
The pros of Natural Cycle IVF include:
- A gentle IVF cycle that is more comfortable
- No side effects from taking or administering fertility medication
- An available treatment method for those who cannot produce multiple eggs during a cycle
- An available treatment method for those who do not respond well to fertility medication
- No wait between cycles
- An available treatment option for those who wish to avoid fertility medication
- The ability to do a fresh embryo transfer
- Use of the healthiest egg, the one that is produced naturally
- Less expensive due to the lack of fertility medication
Risks of Natural IVF
Although a natural protocol has a number of benefits, it is not for everyone. For example, women who are unable to ovulate without fertility medication will not benefit from this protocol. Additionally, those who wish to limit the number of egg retrievals may find that a different protocol is better suited for their needs.
More Info About the Natural IVF Cycle
For information on the pros and cons of a Natural Cycle IVF based on your medical and personal needs, speak with the New Hope Fertility Center team today.
To schedule a consultation today, click the icon below - or - call 917-525-5496.