Even though the Holiday Season here – don’t let alcohol be your cheer-up if you are trying to get pregnant. Being proactive with your fertility health is a priority throughout the year. Don’t let bad habits and negative pregnancy tests absorb your thoughts and spin you into an alcohol-induced depression. You must make strategic food and drink decisions this Holiday Season and beyond.
Holiday Season Infertility Coping Skills
Heavy alcohol consumption negatively affects your fertility – both short and long term.
Our fertility specialists recommend avoiding alcohol when you are trying to get pregnant. If you do imbibe during the Holidays – do so in moderation. According to a Study published in the Fertility Research and Practice journal, alcohol presents a risk of fetal loss and stillbirth. The authors of the study advised women to avoid alcohol when trying to get pregnant.
Navigating Holiday party food and alcoholic beverages is easy when you are focused on your fertility health. There are many patient-friendly eating and drinking tips that will not compromise your fertility health.
- Don’t skip meals – eat healthy before attending gatherings to avoid being ravenous at meal or party food time
- Bring along a healthy hors d’oeuvre or side dish to the party
- Smartly indulge with small portions
- Keep hydrated with water between moderate alcoholic beverage consumption
- Decline leftovers or politely take them when offered and discard
- Be active by taking a walk or having a dance after mealtime
Proactive Holiday Stress Reducing Tools
- Send Holiday greeting cards
- Plan a Holiday gathering
- Donate money or food to those in need
- Volunteer your time to those in need
- Brighten someone’s day by practicing kindness
- Do what makes you happy
- Let go of what you cannot control
- Avoid taking on new responsibilities
- Journal your thoughts and concerns
- Exercise to strengthen your body
- Meditate to maintain a positive outlook
- Get more quality sleep
- Try massage therapy
Holiday Season Infertility Stress Management Tools
- Acupuncture for Fertility
- Ozone Sauna Therapy
- Fertility Counseling
- Our Upcoming Egg Freezing Social on January 15th
Specialists Helping to Reduce Holiday Season Infertility Stress
It is important to work with a fertility care team having the experience required to design a customized fertility treatment plan meeting your personal needs. To schedule your initial consultation with the fertility specialists at New Hope Fertility Center – click the icon below – or call 212.969.7422.