Sexuality health problems are exacerbated by an infertility diagnosis. Any examination of a couple’s difficulty in conceiving must include overt and clear questioning about their sexual activity. In response to being unable to conceive, many people feel emotions such as anger, panic, despair, and grief, and these may have several effects on sexual activity. The stress of infertility and treatment may be a cause of sexual difficulties for both the prospective father and mother.
- How has the inability to conceive naturally affected your sexuality and sexual relationship with your partner?
- What has changed in your sexual relationship since you began trying to get pregnant?
- How would you describe your sexual activity – how often do you have intercourse?
These stresses can cause a couple to have inhibited sexual expression because they become obsessed with trying to get pregnant.
All women and men must have an infertility evaluation if the woman is 35 or older and has not become pregnant after six months of having regular, unprotected sex.
Pregnancy success is reliant on many patient-focused variables.
- Infertility diagnosis
- History of previous pregnancies
- History of previous miscarriages
- Number of failed IVF cycles – fresh and frozen embryo transfers
- Number of embryos transferred in a single cycle
- IVF protocol recommended
- IVF ancillary procedures used – ICSI, Assisted Hatching, In Vitro Maturation
- Genetic testing to select only quality embryos for transfer – PGD, PGS/NGS
- Gender Selection
Best IVF Protocols
Challenging Patients Welcome
We don’t refuse those patients diagnosed as a difficult case. At New Hope Fertility Center, we welcome patients rejected by other fertility specialists because they are deemed to be hopelessly infertile.
- No refusals based on a woman’s advanced maternal age
- No refusals based on low FSH levels
- No refusals based on the number of potential eggs (follicles) a woman can produce per fresh cycle
- No refusals because a woman does not respond well to fertility medication
One Good Egg Policy
Customized IVF care is the best. Remember: It only takes one good egg and one healthy sperm to make a baby. Our focus is to help you produce good quality eggs during a fresh IVF cycle – not a high quantity of eggs using large doses of injectable fertility medications.
Expertise in Sexual Health and Fertility
It is important to work with a fertility care team having the clinical experience required to design a customized fertility treatment plan meeting your personal needs. To schedule your initial consultation with the fertility specialists at New Hope Fertility Center – click the icon below – or call 917.525.5496.