The Natural Cycle IVF™ is a celebrated holistic IVF protocol. The best part? The Natural Cycle IVF™ is almost completely drug-free – compared to Conventional IVF and Mini-IVF™. A woman’s body may need only a little coaxing to achieve a pregnancy with her one high quality egg produced during a natural menstrual cycle. Bottom Line: Her single, natural egg is the very best a woman can produce – without the need for numerous, costly, painful, self-administered fertility medication injections.
Natural Cycle IVF™ Overview
A high quality egg is produced by women through Natural Cycle IVF™. This holistic IVF protocol offers New Hope Fertility Center patients the opportunity to avoid the health risks and expense of high dosages of fertility medications – as well as the trepidation and pain of daily injections.
Here’s the deal:
- As a woman’s natural cycle begins, the doctor will monitor the growth of her one good egg through ultrasound imaging and blood tests.
- Once her natural egg has reached a prime stage of development, an ovulation trigger medication – hCG – will be self-administered by the patient at a designated time
- On a scheduled date, the egg will be surgically retrieved in an outpatient procedure while the patient is under general anesthesia
- After surgical retrieval, the egg will be fertilized in vitro through a procedure known as Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
- ICSI is an ancillary IVF procedure in which one quality sperm is directly injected into the woman’s natural egg
- Once a high quality embryo has cultured in vitro to a prime stage of development – it will then be transferred to the woman’s uterus via a thin catheter – similar to a Pap smear procedure
- A pregnancy test is scheduled in approximately two weeks
Pregnancy Success Rates Using Natural Cycle IVF™
Even though fertility medications are not prescribed, the pregnancy success rate for Natural Cycle IVF™ rivals those of Conventional IVF and Mini-IVF™. The personal attention received by the fertility care team at New Hope provides every patient with the support needed to conceive a baby through Natural Cycle IVF™.
What’s the real story?
- No high cost, physically-challenging powerful fertility medications
- A woman produces her one natural egg
- Lowers health risks associated with Conventional IVF
- Avoids the high cost associated with fertility drugs
- Helps women avoid the discomfort and side effects of daily fertility drug injections
- Eliminates the potential of a multiple pregnancy
- Resolves ethical and religious dilemmas for patients opposed to producing excess embryos
Prime Candidates for Natural IVF™
Women who will most benefit from a Natural Cycle IVF™ protocol are those:
- Women over 35 who have a regular menstrual period and are able to ovulate
- Women over 35 with elevated FSH levels
- Women over 35 with a poor ovarian reserve
- Women diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Women who are at risk for Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome (OHSS) due to high dosages of fertility medications
- Women who want to avoid costly and painful fertility medication injections
- Women who are unresponsive to fertility medications
- Women who have been unable to produce multiple eggs during a Conventional IVF or Mini-IVF™ cycle
- Women over 35 with elevated FSH levels and poor ovarian reserve
- Women who do not want to produce multiple embryos for ethical or religious reasons
Customized Natural Cycle IVF™ Specialists
It is important to work with a fertility care team having the experience required to design a customized Natural Cycle IVF™ treatment protocol meeting your personal needs. To schedule your initial consultation with one of the world renowned Natural Cycle IVF™ specialists at New Hope Fertility Center, click the icon below – or – call 917.525.5496.