The Top 10 Suggestions For Couples Trying To Get Pregnant
It’s common for couples to think that they will able to conceive as soon as they start trying. Often, it is not until a couple has been trying to get pregnant for a few months that they begin to question this belief. For many couples following a few suggestions can speed up the progress of trying to get pregnant.
- Pay Attention To Your Cycle – Although men are fertile daily, a woman is only able to become pregnant during a 24 hour period during her cycle. Because of this, it is important to be able to predict when a woman ovulates. The period just prior to ovulation is best suited for intercourse when trying to get pregnant.
- Clean Living – It is important that both partners have a healthy lifestyle. Having a balanced diet and getting regular exercise can increase your overall health and fertility.
- Rest – In today’s busy society, many people do not get the amount of sleep they need. Take the time to ensure you’re able to get 8 hours of rest on most nights.
- Relieve Stress – Stress has a real physical effect on the human body. Give yourself and your partner time to step away from the stress of every day life.
- Communicate – Not becoming pregnant can be extremely difficult for both partners. Be sure to keep the lines of communication open.
- Temperature Matters – Avoid hot tubs, saunas and extreme heat which can negatively affect male fertility.
- Have a Physical – Have a physical done annually to ensure you stay in peak health so that health issues can be resolved early on. Issues with fertility may be the result of other health concerns.
- Limit Alcohol and Stop Smoking – Alcohol use and smoking can decrease fertility and can be harmful during pregnancy.
- Connect With One Another – Continue to connect with your spouse. Intimacy is important for both partners.
- Seek Professional Assistance – If you feel as though something is wrong, or have been trying to get pregnant without success for an extended period of time, speak with a fertility expert.
The fertility care team at New Hope is available to help you with your journey to starting a family. Please click the link below to enter your information and New Hope will contact you, or simply call 212-517-7676. Thank You.