Selecting a fertility clinic can seem overwhelming. There are many things to consider when choosing the place that will ultimately help grow your family. The guide below can help you compare each potential fertility clinic you are considering so you can make a fully informed decision.
When selecting a fertility clinic, be sure to research the following:
- Cost – First, contact your medical insurer to find out what coverage you have for fertility care. It is common for insurers to provide different levels of coverage depending on if your chosen clinic is in or outside of your network. If you do not have insurance coverage for fertility care, be sure to fully understand the cost structure of each clinic including when payments are due.
- Philosophy – Ask about the philosophy of the clinic’s medical director. How does the clinic use fertility medication? Does the center suggest patients begin with less invasive methods or provide the option of pursuing IVF initially? How many embryos does the center recommend a woman transfer during an IVF cycle? There are no right or wrong answers to these questions. You should look for a facility that has a philosophy similar to your own.
- Accessibility – Find out when monitoring is done. Are you required to come at a specific time, or are you able to schedule monitoring appointments throughout the day. Ask about after hours care, taking time to find out how calls are handled outside of office hours. There are going to be times when you have concerns or questions about fertility medication or are side effects and may want to speak with a fertility experts
- Success Rates – Aim to find a center with high success rates addressing your specific concerns. You want to find a clinic where they are equipped to deal with your unique situation and treat you as an individual. Take time to ask about how they’ve treated issues like yours including similar age and diagnosis.
- Research – The field of fertility care is constantly evolving. New breakthroughs occur every day and can help couples achieve families that would previously would’ve been impossible. Your chosen clinic should be regularly studying fertility care.
New Hope Fertility Center is the premier location for fertility care in NYC. We are cost competitive while treating every patient as an individual. We provide quality care regardless of a woman’s age, number of eggs released during a cycle or FSH level.
Reach out to us today to discuss how the New Hope Fertility Center can help you start the family you’ve been dreaming of. Please click the link below to enter your information and New Hope will contact you, or simply call 212-517-7676. Thank You.