When you are ready to become a parent, figuring out how to get pregnant can seem like rocket science. Our list of the top ten facts on how to get pregnant may help you navigate the process.
- One sperm and one egg – Every pregnancy begins with the union of one sperm and one egg. It may seem that more is better, but all it takes to get pregnant is one of each.
- Timing is everything – There is less than a 24 hour window each cycle where an egg can be fertilized. Chart your cycle to determine when you ovulate. The best time to have sex is immediately before ovulation.
- Get proper nutrition – Your diet plays a large role in your fertility. Some foods can even enhance your chance of get pregnant. Eat a balanced, nutrient rich diet that includes lean protein, whole grains, fruits and vegetables.
- Reduce stress – Trying to get pregnant can be a stressful process. Reading, exercise, meditation and talking with friends are all good ways to take a mental break.
- Stop smoking – Smoking has many negative effects on your health including reducing fertility. Additionally, quitting now will help avoid the craving to smoke once you become pregnant.
- Take a supplement – During pregnancy your body is responsible for supporting your developing baby. Begin taking prenatal vitamins now to store necessary vitamins and minerals.
- Watch your weight – Having a healthy BMI can increase your chances of getting pregnant.
- Help your partner – Your partner’s fertility is just as important as yours, help him adopt healthy habits as well.
- Eliminate alcohol and caffeine – Both alcohol and caffeine have been shown to reduce fertility. Ceasing these items can improve your chances of becoming pregnant.
- Consult a physician – If you have any concerns regarding your or your partner’s fertility, consult a physician.
For more assistance learning how to get pregnant or to understand your individual fertility issues, contact us. Please click the link below to enter your information and New Hope will contact you, or simply call 212-517-7676. Thank You.