New breakthroughs in Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) are offering holistic treatment approaches in conjunction with In Vitro Fertilization (IVF). New Hope Fertility Center only provides customized IVF treatment depending on each patient's individual medical needs. A Natural Cycle IVF™ provides a number of benefits while maintaining high pregnancy success rates. Our Natural Cycle IVF™ and Mini-IVF™ protocols are proven to be safe and successful. Like Mini-IVF™, Natural Cycle IVF™ is a gentle alternative form of IVF that is holistic and lowers health risks associated with Conventional IVF.
The benefits of a natural cycle IVF™ protocol
- More Comfort – Much of the discomfort experienced during fertility treatment can be attributed to the high dosages of fertility medication prescribed. Fertility medication is often administered via injection which can be painful, especially when multiple injections are required. Additionally, fertility medication often has side effects that can cause discomfort.
- OHSS - The risk of developing OHSS (Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome) is reduced to zero through Natural Cycle IVF™ because no ovarian stimulation medications are used. A woman develops her one egg naturally.
- More Options – A Natural Cycle IVF™ provides a treatment option for a number of women who otherwise may have been ineligible for treatment. Older women, women who are poor responders to fertility medication, and women with high FSH levels are often turned away from fertility treatment. Natural Cycle IVF™ is ideal for these women. Instead of focusing on the number of eggs retrieved, the natural IVF protocol has one goal - harvesting the one egg a woman’s body produces naturally.
- Less Waiting – It’s common to need to use frozen embryos during IVF treatment after a failed cycle. This is because fertility medication can damage the uterine lining, making it unamendable to receiving an embryo for implantation. The absence of fertility medication means that there is no need to wait between cycles.
- Success Rates – Despite not using fertility medication, the success rate for Natural Cycle IVF™ rivals that of traditional IVF care. This is possible through consistent monitoring of the patient's progress and giving her the personal attention and exact support she needs.
Prime Candidates for Natural Cycle IVF™
Prime candidates for Natural Cycle IVF™ encompass women who:
- Have high follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) levels
- Who are at a high risk for developing ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS)
- Are unable to produce a large number of eggs during a single cycle
- Do not respond well to fertility medications
- Are at an advanced maternal age for fertility (over 35)
- Are able to ovulate and do not want to use fertility medication
- Do not want to absorb the expense of fertility medications
- Do not want to produce multiple embryos for religious or ethical reason
One Good Egg Policy
Our One Good Egg Policy: We focus on the quality of a woman’s egg – not the quantity of eggs she is able to produce.
The Natural Cycle IVF™ protocol doesn’t adhere to the idea that multiple eggs and embryos equals a higher chance for pregnancy success. The one good egg a woman produces naturally each month is harvested for fertilization in vitro and transfer to her uterus for implantation. The doctors at New Hope Fertility Center in NYC believe that a woman’s naturally produced egg is usually the best quality and likeliest to result in a successful pregnancy.
Natural Cycle IVF™ Procedure
- A woman’s natural egg production will be monitored through regular blood tests and ultrasounds
- When her egg has reached a mature state, ovulation will be induced
- She will undergo egg retrieval via outpatient surgery
- Egg fertilization and embryo development will take place in a controlled laboratory setting
- When the embryo reaches a quality stage it will be transferred into the woman’s uterus via a thin catheter – similar to a Pap smear procedure
- Progesterone vaginal suppositories will be self-administered by the patient to prepare her uterine lining for the embryo’s implantation
- A pregnancy test date will be scheduled
Preeminent Natural Cycle IVF Fertility Center
For additional information about the benefits of Natural Cycle IVF™, schedule an appointment with New Hope Fertility Center today. Please click the icon below and enter your information - or - simply call 917.525.5496 to schedule your consultation today.